Saturday, March 12, 2011

Tweet

I did it.

I joined the Twitter. Said I would never and a very wise tweeter said #neversaynever. Touché EMD.

As in the case of many things, my pre-twitter tude stemmed from lack of understanding. Not that I'm anywhere close to getting what twitter actually is. What I do on twitter and what I get from it is most likely not what its creators intended. Oh well.

As I was perusing some celebs tweets (you can peer into Twitter even if you're not signed up) a few weeks ago, I realized that this was something I wanted to be involved in! This underground community of communicators. Really just to voyeur into the lives of celebs, y'know, candid and off the record. And no, not underground at all.

I think it was Charlie Sheen who made me do it. #nowthebiggestloserever. Because that's when my interest was peaked.

I have no clue what to Tweet and what to Facebook. Someone help. I do find I can tweet more often and more random things. Feel like it's less annoying than seeing Liana nonsense all over your FB news feed. Correct or not?

Twittiquette (twitter etiquette)- Do I have to follow people who follow me? Is it rude if I don't?

Hashtags? FF? RT? Yaaaaaaaaa, #nocluereally. Something about Friday and retweeting but if you can just click on retweet why tweet with an RT? I know. Exactly.

Some celebs are very candid with their tweets and that's very cool.

@conanobrien- VERY funny.


@charliesheen- well, was funny but in a car accident kinda morbid curiosity kinda way. And now, not funny at all. #notfollowinghimanymore


@sarahsilverman- obv hysterical.


@rainwilson- funny.
@theellenshow- hysterical.
@denisleary- amazing.
@heylolo- funny sh*t.

I wish @nottinafey and @galifinakisz would tweet more. Or at all.

@andydick- super annoying. Has since been removed. Same goes for @perezhilton.

There are the celebs you want to hear candidly from (or I want to) who you never will. @leodicaprio for example. Maybe he's not funny. The horrors. His tweets are all environmental and about saving the planet and Japan and tsunamis and sh*t. BORING!!!!!! (But I do respect him for all that. He does have an image to protect after all, oh and I love him.)


Some have someone else doing their tweeting and that's not so cool.

I feel like most celebs use it to promote. I guess that's a big part of the Twitter. I prefer reading their random babblings.

James Franco does his own. Maybe someone should do his. He constantly tweets pics that make no sense at all. I'd like to think he's just f*cking with us or getting paid to do it.


So I tweet but for me, it's more to keep up with pop culture @tmz @laineygossip @fuggirls, some actual news @andersoncooper, fashion @rzrachelzoe @harpersbazzarus, but mostly, I do it for the laughs.

I told you my reasonings for signing up were crap. I do feel like there are many of me out there. Or possibly smarter me's.

So, follow me. @liwirose



Or don't.

2 comments:

  1. a shoutout? gasp! i retweeted this gem. and not an RT, a full on retweet button. thats #love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm following you now girlfriend!
    Love,
    EMD
    Follow me back biatch!! xoxoxox
    @WomenOnTheFence

    ReplyDelete